El Paso, TX 79902
About Neda Jafari
Dr. Neda Jafari brings to this community a unique expertise and skill set in the treatment of stroke and cerebral aneurysms. Specializing in endovascular neurosurgery as well as practicing general neurosurgery and trauma, Dr. Jafari provides the highest level of care. She has a proven track record that includes establishing an endovascular neurosurgical program and contributing to the establishment of a comprehensive stroke program and neurological ICU.
Dr. Jafari has served in many locations and hospital systems across the United States. This has enabled her to be highly adaptable and accommodating in any work environment. Previously she served as Director of Endovascular Neurosurgery at York Hospital (York, PA), Wellspan Health, where she established endovascular and cerebrovascular neurosurgery as well as a neurosurgery transitional unit. Dr. Jafari also assembled York’s neuro-interventional team and educated EMS and hospital staff in early stroke management. She is currently associated with Neurosurgical Specialists of El Paso, PLLC.
Dr. Jafari’s research has appeared in the Journal of Radiology Nursing, Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease, Molecular Brain Research, and Journal of Neuroscience.
Her dedication to research started early, serving several years as a Senior Laboratory Assistant at the University of Virginia. Her passion for research continued as a Quality Control Technician at Invitrogen (Frederick, MD). She completed her Master’s degree in Pharmacology and Toxicology at the Medical College of Virginia (Richmond, Va). During medical school, at Ruan Neurological Clinic at Mercy Hospital, she collaboratively developed a clinical database for the utilization of tissue plasminogen activator. She continues her interest in research with current publications.
Dr. Jafari completed her traditional internship at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center (Colton, CA) and finished her neurological surgical residency at Saint Barnabas M.C. (Livingston, NJ). She rounded out her extensive training with sub-specialization. She completed a two-year fellowship in endovascular neurosurgery at the Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH).
She received a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from Des Moines University of Osteopathic Medicine and B.S. in Chemistry with Biochemistry Specialization from the University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
Dr. Neda Jafari is currently board certified through the American Osteopathic Board of Neurological Surgery. She holds active medical licenses in Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin.
- American Osteopathic Association
- Society of Neurointerventional Surgery
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- The American Osteopathic Board of Surgery
- Collaboration Between Interventional Neurosurgery and Vascular Surgery in the Hybrid Operating Room, Journal of Radiology Nursing, 2014.
- Spontaneous Vertebral Arteriovenous Fistula Causing Cervical Myelopathy and Acute Ischemic Strokes Treated By Endovascular Balloon-Assisted Coiling and Onyx Embolization, Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, 2014.
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator Use: Evaluation and Initial Management of Ischemic Stroke From An Iowa Hospital Perspective, Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, 2005.
- Chronic DeltaFosB Expression and Increased AP-1 Transcription Factor Binding are Associated with the Long Term Plasticity Changes in Epilepsy, Molecular Brain Research, 2000.
Areas of Interest:
- Carotid Stenosis
- Cerebral Aneurysm
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Las Palmas Medical Center
- Del Sol Medical Center